This policy is written in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We are registered under the Act as a Data Controller under number xxxxxxx. If you have any questions about it, please contact email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. It can include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address and telephone and/or mobile phone number.
We collect personal information when you subscribe to Basecamp, order products through our shop, make a donation to us or otherwise give us personal information.
For non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet) and cookies, please see below.
Mountain Rescue England and Wales treats your contact with us as confidential unless there is a risk of serious harm or abuse to you or someone else. In this instance, we may have to pass this information onto a third party such as the emergency services.
How do we use your information?
- We use your personal information to give you the information or products you ask for.
- We may use your information to inform you about changes to our policies and, if you agree, to send you communications about our work and how you can support us, for example, information about our campaigns, volunteering and fundraising activities.
- We will not sell your details to any third parties but we may sometimes share your information with our trusted service providers or partners who are authorised to act on our behalf. From time to time we may exchange your personal information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud and credit risk reduction. In these circumstances we always require strict compliance with our instructions and, in the case of third party organisations, require that your personal information is not used for their own business purposes.
- We will always seek your consent to the use of your personal information by giving you the option to say ‘no’ to its use. This option might take the form of a tick box, clicking an icon, sending an email or submitting a form. When we seek your consent to using your personal information, we will tell you what we want to use it for and, other than as described in this policy, we won’t use it for any other purpose.
- Any information we collect is stored and processed in the UK. Where this is not the case, we will inform you and where appropriate, seek your consent. Other than as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal information is not shared with third parties or used in any other way unless you agree.When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, Mountain Rescue England and Wales cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.